Puppy Chow (also known as Muddy Buddies) is a favorite in our house that I do not make nearly enough! I decided to try my hand at making St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow because adding marshmallows to anything is a good idea 🙂 Especially since the Lucky Charms marshmallows are my daughter’s favorite part of the cereal.
I enlisted S’s help to make our St. Patrick’s Day themed Puppy Chow. She was a great help and separated all the Lucky Charms marshmallows from the cereal. I think her favorite part though was when she got to shake the bag of Puppy Chow!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Lucky Charms cereal (without the marshmallows)
- 3 cups Chex cereal (Rice or Corn)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows
- Separate the Lucky Charms cereal from the marshmallows.
- Melt over low heat chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir carefully until all the cereal is coated.
- Add powdered sugar to a gallon ziplock bag and then pour the cereal in.
- Close the ziplock bag and shake until all the cereal is coated in powdered sugar.
- Pour the cereal out onto a cookie sheet to cool and mix with the Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Store in a sealed container.