Disclosure: My Big Fat Happy Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I love fall, but living in the South means that even though I want it to be fall and the calendar says it should be fall it’s still hot outside. Just because I can’t (or don’t want to) bake a pie doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy pumpkin pie as ice cream. Plus as an added bonus this recipe is fat-free!
Pumpkin pie ice cream is full of the flavors of fall: pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. It truly tastes like eating the insides of pumpkin pie! I do believe it is my new favorite ice cream.
I have been using my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for several years now and I love it! This ice cream maker consistently makes perfectly airy homemade ice cream in 20 minutes.
*updated 9/5/17 with new photos
- 2 cups of fat free half and half
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whisk all the ingredients together and then add to your ice cream machine. I let my ice cream machine run for 20 minutes before we enjoy our ice cream. Tip: Make sure to keep your cold ingredients in the fridge and your frozen ice cream insert in the freezer until you are ready to use.
- Note: The ice cream will hold it's shape better once you freeze it.
- I place my leftovers in a covered plastic container and freeze.
You may also enjoy:
Do you love the flavors of fall? Has fall weather hit where you live?