Old fashioned and fluffy pancakes topped with sour cream, fresh apples cooked in a cinnamon syrup glaze and powdered sugar make these Apple Cinnamon Pancakes the best fall recipe.
Somewhere along the line, we created a tradition of having pancakes for dinner on nights that my daughter has gymnastics. Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? And pancakes are a quick and easy option that the whole family loves!
I love to try out different toppings on my pancakes and a fall favorite has been apple cinnamon pancakes.
Soft apple bites are covered in a cinnamon syrup glaze which compliments the sour cream and dusting of powdered sugar on top
Bonus too is that the whole house smells like fall while the apples are cooking!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 4 apples cut into wedges and then diced (I used Red Delicious)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- sour cream
- powdered sugar
- Heat apples and water until boiling. Then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Heat to boiling and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix together eggs, brown sugar and vegetable oil.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Add in milk.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. (If the skillet is not non-stick, add some butter to the pan.)
- Ladle batter into the skillet and cook pancakes until edges begin to crisp and bubbles on pancake have popped. Flip pancakes and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve pancakes topped with sour cream, apple cinnamon topping and powdered sugar!