This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
Whenever I drink tea it always brings back wonderful memories of my grandmother. When I was younger, I would visit my grandmother often and would always have a cup or two of tea. While I sipped my tea we would discuss travel stories, future plans, hopes, and dreams.
Interested in enjoying a hot cup of Bigelow Tea this season? Click on the tag icon on the photo above to click through to Walmart.com to buy!
My grandmother grew my love of tea with each visit and to this day I still love a good hot cup of tea. I usually have a cup of tea in the afternoon when I can find a moment to myself. With my cup of Bigelow Tea’s Constant Comment, I get to reflect on those plans, hopes, and dreams that I discussed with my grandmother. I can see where I am at with them, which ones need to change and remind myself of my goals.
While I love many different Bigelow teas, Constant Comment has become my new favorite! It is an amazing blend of tea with orange rinds and sweet spice. Alongside my cup of Constant Comment, I like to enjoy baked goods especially a delicious slice of Lemon Crumble Breakfast Cake.
Lemon Crumble Breakfast Cake is moist, tender and full of bright lemon flavor. It is easy to make and topped with a sweet crumble topping then dusted with powdered sugar.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Combine flour, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Cover the bottom of a 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray, parchment paper and more cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, lemon zest, and butter until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine buttermilk and lemon juice.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk/lemon juice to the butter/sugar bowl in small batches until all is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with crumble topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack before turning upside down onto a plate and then flip again onto a cake plate.
- Before serving sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- If you do not have buttermilk, you can substitute 1 tsp. lemon juice combined with 1/2 cup of milk. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before adding to your recipe.
I always buy my favorite Bigelow Tea Constant Comment at my local Walmart in the tea/coffee aisle.
Tell me what does “Tea Proudly” mean to you!