This chocolate chip pumpkin bread is packed with fragrant fall spices, pumpkin flavor, and chocolate chips. It is quintessential fall in every bite!
I bake pumpkin bread every fall! It is not fall until pumpkin bread has been made and eaten! I enjoy cutting a thick slice of chocolate chip pumpkin bread and curling up on the couch with a good book.
The warm spices pair nicely with the rich chocolate chips for the most delicious flavor combination. The flavor reminds me of the German chocolate covered lebkuchen cookies – gingerbread type cookie. Which have always been a favorite of mine!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini)
- + 1/4 cup chocolate chips (for the top)
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 bread pan.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350˚ F for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.
If you love pumpkin, you’ll also enjoy:
What is your favorite fall recipe?