Disclosure: My Big Fat Happy Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
One day I was walking down the baking aisle at Target and noticed that there was a caramel apple cake mix. That got me thinking and wondering if I could make a caramel apple ice cream. It sounded like another wonderful fall flavor and after my successful pumpkin pie ice cream I decided to give it a try.
I love caramel apple flavor, but I hate biting into a sticky apples. It is always so messy and I end up getting caramel everywhere. Well, this ice cream taste like a caramel apple but without the messiness.
My biggest obstacle was trying to figure out how I was going to get apples into the ice cream. Then I decided to cut up an apple into wedges and place it in the blender with half-and-half and blend. It became “Apple milk”. I left the skin on and that caused the little red specs throughout my ice cream. I used my favorite kind of apple which is gala but you could use whatever you want or what you have on hand. I used the blender to mix the rest of the ingredients together, that way I didn’t dirty more bowls.
If you are looking to purchase an ice cream maker, I highly recommend the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. I have been using it for several years now and I love it!
- 2 cups fat free half and half
- 2 apples, cut into wedges (I used Gala)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream syrup, more for topping
- Add the apples and half and half to a blender and blend. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again. Add the mixture to your ice cream maker
- I let my ice cream machine run for 20 minutes before we enjoy our ice cream.
- I added additional caramel when serving.
- Tip: Make sure to keep your cold ingredients in the fridge and your frozen ice cream insert in the freezer until you are ready to use.
- Note: The ice cream will hold it's shape better once you freeze it.
- I place my leftovers in a covered plastic container and freeze.
You may also enjoy:
What is your favorite fall flavor?
You may find me linking up with the following: Mon: Magic Moments; How Do You Do It? Parenting Linkup; Made by You Mondays; Creative Mondays; Click and Chat Social Media Link Up; Merry Monday Linky Party; Motivational Monday; Weekend Wanderlust;Tue: Treasure Box Tuesday; Turn it Up Tuesday; Good Tip Tuesdays; Project Life Tuesday; Lou Lou Girls Link Party; Delicious Dish Tuesday; SoMe2; Wed: The Wednesday Roundup; The Super Mommy Club Party; Centerpiece Wednesday; Whatever Wednesday; Retro Repin Party; Wake up Wednesday; Creative Spark; A Little Bird Told Me; Thur: Weekly Kids Co-Op; The Pin Junkie Pin Party; Thrify Thursday; On Display Thursday; Fri: Pretty Pintastic Party; Foodie Friends Friday; That’s Fresh Friday; Family Fun Friday; For the Kids Fridays; Craft Frenzy Friday; Product Review; Friday Favorites; Weekends: Show and Share Saturday; Country Kids with Coombe Mill; The Weekend Social; Snickerdoodle Sunday; Ultimate Link Party; Coast to Coast Blog Post Party