This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CBias #CollectiveBias
I love fall and the holiday season not only for the cooler weather and time spent together with family but also the delicious warm beverages and baked goods! I drink several cups of coffee each morning and having seasonal creamers such as International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer make each cup of coffee even better! It’s like stirring liquid holiday cheer into your coffee!
During the holiday months, I frequently have guests and my favorite thing to offer them is Peppermint Mocha Scones along with a cup of coffee. I love to make my guests feel welcome and I was taught to always feed your guests!
I keep a variety of coffee creamers on hand so that I have something for everyone. In addition to the Peppermint Mocha creamer, I am also loving International Delight® Chocolate Hazelnut. It is the ultimate holiday must-have!
These Peppermint Mocha Scones are packed full of chocolatey goodness and a hint of peppermint. Topped with peppermint frosting and crushed candy canes.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane
- Combine together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add sliced cold butter to the bowl and cut in with a fork or pastry blender until the butter is in small pieces.
- Add the egg and International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer. Mix together until a dough forms. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half, shape into a ball and place on a baking sheet.
- Pat each section into a 6 inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 pieces and pull each piece slightly apart.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat together the butter and International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer. Slowly stir in the powdered sugar.
- Drizzle the frosting on the cooled scones and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in a sealed container.
Doesn’t this look delicious? I am going to have to whip up some Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bites this holiday season!
I do all of my holiday shopping at Walmart including picking up International Delight® Peppermint Mocha and Chocolate Hazelnut. During my trip to Walmart, I found the seasonal creamers in a bunker in the middle of the aisle in the dairy department.
It’s just not the holidays without seasonal creamers! What is your favorite seasonal creamer?