My family loves Mexican food. It really doesn’t matter what it is as long as it is full of flavor, has cilantro and avocado. I’m always looking for ways that I can make dinner easier and quicker for me. One way is to use the crockpot like in these Crockpot Chicken Burrito Bowls.
Our new favorite dinner is chicken burrito bowls. We place the chicken mixture over jasmine rice, but you could use any rice, cauliflower rice, or lettuce/spinach.
My favorite part of the bowls is the toppings! I used cubed avocado, lime juice, and cilantro. You could also use cheese and/or sour cream.
- 1 to 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 3 cups rice, cauliflower rice, lettuce, or spinach, prepared
- sliced avocado, cilantro, lime juice, shredded cheese, sour cream, diced green onions, or salsa
- Combine chicken breast, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, salt, chili powder, and cumin in a crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces and then stir to combine.
- Serve the burrito mixture over rice, cauliflower rice, lettuce or spinach.
- Add toppings.