Muffins are a favorite in our house! We eat muffins for breakfast, a snack or dessert. They are just so convenient and versatile.
Our local grocery store had blackberries on a great sale the other day, so it was time to stock up. I love to stock up when prices are good on fruits. Then I wash and freeze the berries for smoothies, hand pies and to use in my best ever blackberry streusel muffins.
This is one of my daughter’s favorites because it has a tangy but sweet taste. The cinnamon and brown sugar streusel topping adds a delicious flavor to the blackberry muffins.
These muffins can be modified by using other fruits.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin with vegetable oil spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/2 cups sugar together in a large bowl.
- Mix in eggs, butter, oil, milk and vanilla until combined.
- Toss blackberries in 1 tablespoon flour to coat the blackberries. Fold blackberries into the batter mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 to full.
- To make the streusel topping, mix together flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the softened butter with a fork until crumbly. Spoon streusel on top of muffins.
- Bake until the muffin tops are golden and just firm, 15-18 minutes. Cool muffins for 5 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack.